Specialty Flotation Reagents for Mining Operations
AERO® promoters and modifiers are specialty mining flotation reagents used in the mineral flotation process to extract valuable metals. AERO® products have been developed based on more than a century of research geared toward finding solutions to the mining industry’s flotation challenges through innovation. Whether addressing grade, recovery or safety, among other issues, there’s an AERO® reagent for nearly any flotation challenge.
Why select AERO® reagents?
- Perform effectively over a wide range of pHs and ore mineralogies
- More selective towards value minerals compared to chemistries such as xanthates
- Enable partial-to-full replacement of hazardous chemicals such as xanthate, NaSH or cyanide
- Easy to handle: No need for preparation; can be added directly to the cell
- Typically require lower dosages compared to incumbent reagents
- Improve kinetics, potentially leading to increased recovery, grade and throughput
Two Complementary AERO® Product Families
Our AERO® promoters are used extensively as flotation collectors and reagents for the flotation of a variety of minerals, including copper, gold, lead, zinc, nickel, iron, lithium and many others. They are typically tailored to the mineralogy of the ore being treated.
Applications in Sulfide Ores
- Copper Ores
- Precious Metals (Gold and Silver Ores)
- Polymetallic Ores (Pb & Zn)
- Molybdenum Ores
Applications in Non-Sulfide & Industrial Ores
- Heavy minerals
- Oxide ores
AERO® Modifiers and Flotation Depressants
Additionally, we offer AERO® modifiers, which are classified as flotation depressants, dispersants, pH modifiers or activators. AERO® modifiers improve the efficiency of flotation processes by addressing specific challenges such as complex separations, depression of gangue minerals, and other health, safety and environmental concerns.