Specialty Polymers for Industrial Membrane & Filtration
Solef® PVDF, thanks to its unique properties, is ideal for the production of filter cartridges and housings.
Halar® ECTFE is a fluoropolymer used to create melt-blown fiber that offers the chemical and temperature resistance properties not available in polypropylene, polyethylene and other non-wovens:
- Low surface energy
- Small fiber size
Non-wovens for the separation of immiscible liquids or the elimination of mists in systems containing aggressive chemicals.
Fully fluorinated perfluoropolymer yarns and fibers made from Hyflon® MFA® are a unique product for high-performance filtration.
- MFA® is impervious to virtually all industrial chemicals over a wide temperature range, with the same corrosion resistance as PFA and PTFE
- Excellent high use temperature capability
- Very low critical surface energy
- Excellent UV and weathering resistance
- Very low flammability
Algoflon® PTFE offers key properties:
- Excellent chemical resistance over a wide temperature range
- No solvent content
- Low critical surface energy; highly water repellent
Moreover, when modified with Aquivion® PFSA, it shows from good to very good wettability properties. Being a biphasic polymer with interpenetrating networks of PTFE-type semi-crystalline perfluoropolymer domains and water-containing channels with hydrated ionic groups, Aquivion® PFSA can be used, in fact, to modify hydrophobic surfaces of fluorinated polymers such as PTFE. After such treatment, performed on micro- or nanoporous PTFE webs (after structure formation), liquid mass flow is substantially increased.
- Algoflon® D dispersions: impregnation filtration fabrics (both woven and non-woven)
- Algoflon® DF powders: production of expanded PTFE or PTFE fibers filtration media with unique release properties combined with very high chemical and thermal resistance
- Algoflon® granulars: can be molded and skived to very low thicknesses to obtain filter filaments