A broad portfolio of advanced materials for green hydrogen fuel cells
Our offering enhances performance in green hydrogen fuel cell systems. Fuel cell system components made with our advanced materials offer superior durability, long-term performance, stability and overall efficiency. Discover our top solutions below.
- Amodel® PPA is ideal for use in fuel cell systems thanks to its superior dimensional stability, lower moisture uptake and enhanced chemical resistance. Amodel® PPA provides robust mechanical properties for fuel cell components that require complex geometries for use in air systems and thermal management systems, such as water pumps, thermostatic multi-flow valves, knock-off valves, hydrogen injection components and electrical motors. Amodel® PPA is also advantageous in the design of fuel cell stack end plates due to its excellent processability.
- Aquivion® is an ion-conducting polymer used for membranes as well as cathode or anode binders. Aquivion® ionomers offer superior proton conductivity with good mechanical, thermal and chemical stability.
- Radel® PPSU offers exceptional hydrolytic stability and superior toughness compared to other high-temperature engineering resins, plus high deflection temperatures and outstanding resistance to environmental stress cracking. Radel® PPSU is the ideal material for membrane electrode assembly (MEA) sub-gaskets in proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cells, where it provides excellent thermal stability with good electrical properties.
- Ryton® PPS offers thermal, mechanical, dimensional and chemical stability for components in hydrogen fuel cell systems, allowing optimization of the structural components of unit cells. Ryton® PPS can also be used for various valves and hydrogen loop tubes. The low leach-out behavior of Ryton® PPS plus superior thermal, mechanical and dimensional stability make it ideal for use in PEM fuel cell systems for end plates, high- and low-pressure H2 lines, as well as the balance of plant air systems and thermal management systems. It can be precision molded to tight tolerances with high reproducibility to support serial production.
- Torlon® PAI provides exceptional impact, dielectric and compressive strength to anti-corrosion coatings for metal bipolar plates in proton exchange membrane fuel cell systems.