Natural ingredients on the rise: guar technology to the rescue!
Safety is key! There is a growing concern among consumers about the safety and sources of their ingredients. Being transparent and inclusive has become ever more important for end-consumers. Syensqo’s Jaguar® is a series of native, nonionic, cationic and hydroxypropyl-modified natural guar polymers derived from renewable resources.
These ingredients provide hair and body care formulators with a full range of conditioning and texturizing features from a bio-based technology aligned with the market expectations.
What is guar?
- The guar plant (Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba Taub) is an abundant and renewable resource. It mainly grows in dry and arid environments in India, Pakistan and the USA
- The inner part of the plant, called the endosperm, is extracted to provide galactomannan, a large polymeric molecule with a high molecular weight
- The galactomannan can be reacted with different molecules to provide controlled modifying and functional properties that create new molecules, such as our Jaguar® Range
The two types of guar: cationic and nonionic
Cationic guar provides excellent conditioning effects and is soluble in water. Nonionic guar is used as a thickener and film former in personal care products, especially for damaged or dry skin and hair. They are famous for their high level of lubricity, excellent slat and alcohol tolerance and ability to help in stabilizing emulsions. They are both naturally derived from the seeds of the guar plant.
How to process Jaguar®
Our way of working: building a sustainable guar supply chain
The Sustainable Guar Initiative is a pioneering program aiming to achieve a 25% increase in guar farmers’ revenues while establishing global standards for responsible sourcing of guar. Our ambition is to increase the number of partners and outreach to smallholder farmers to improve the life and resilience of local communities:
- Sustainable agriculture: environment protection
- Self-sustaining program: economic and social value for the farmers
- Women as agents for change: access to training and skills
- Traceable supply chain: reconnect the farmer to the end product
- Quality and security of supply
Discover our Jaguar® portfolio
|Jaguar® HP-120 COS
Helping you select the best Jaguar® for your formulation needs
In response to consumer demands for hair care products that are gentle on hair and the environment, beauty brands are striving to develop solutions that stay ahead of the clean beauty trend so consumers can enjoy clean hair and a clean conscience. Read more
As the hair care market requires innovative products with more natural ingredients, formulators continue to utilize renewable raw materials for a variety of different functionalities. The guar plant is an increasingly prominent resource used in a wide range of hair conditioning and repair solutions. Read more
Today’s hair care formulators require an innovative range of ingredients to deliver high-performance products with appealing sensory experiences to consumers. The market continues to trend toward more naturally based derivatives for safe, sustainable and eco-friendly solutions. Read more