Alumina Processing Chemical Families
Syensqo's chemical reagents enable alumina refineries to be more productive while consuming less water and energy. Whether you are looking to improve flocculant efficiency, eliminate scale formation or address one of the many other challenges common to alumina processing, Syensqo has a reagent for nearly any need. Explore our top brands below.
- MAX HT® - Scale formation during alumina processing presents a major challenge for refineries seeking efficient operations with maximum yields. Designed to prevent the formation of sodalite scale in heat exchangers, MAX HT® helps the Bayer Process run smoothly. The product improves production efficiency by reducing the downtime required for equipment cleaning, which leads to sustained or increased throughput while reducing associated water and energy requirements.
Red Mud Flocculants
- CYFLOC® - During alumina processing, the presence of red mud requires the use of flocculants to separate red mud solids from saturated liquor. CYFLOC® flocculants help settle red mud slurries and increase throughput. This family of flocculants provides excellent separation performance, fast red mud slurry settling rates, and clearer overflows.
During alumina processing, the presence of red mud requires the use of flocculants to separate red mud solids from saturated liquor. CYFLOC® flocculants help settle red mud slurries and increase throughput. This family of flocculants provides excellent separation performance, fast red mud slurry settling rates, and clearer overflows.
- AEROSPRAY® - Refineries worldwide depend on AEROSPRAY® products to handle the environmental and health concerns caused by fugitive dust released throughout the Bayer Process. This polymeric dust control agent stabilizes soil and acts as a suppressant of dust brought on by dry materials.
- CYBREAK® - CYBREAK® defoamer chemistry enables greater control of the circuit and more efficient recovery of hydrate solids from spent liquor.
- AERODRI® - Meant to dewater the alumina trihydrate cake prior to calcination, AERODRI® dewatering agents improve filtration rates and filter cake handling, and they reduce moisture in calciner feeds.
Crystal Growth Modifiers
- CYQUEST® - The CYQUEST® family includes a line of crystal growth modifiers and other products designed for the alumina industry and various types of metals. CYQUEST® improves the agglomeration of hydrate particles to deliver more consistent control of the size distribution of product from precipitation.
- Mining Chemicals Handbook - The digital Mining Chemicals Handbook offers our partners access to Syensqo's knowledge and industry expertise. This interactive platform guides operators through our innovative chemical reagent developments to help them improve their processes and better meet operational targets.